Home > Company
> Press Releases
Release 9 of SecuGen’s SDK Collection now provides support for Java, Sun Solaris, and the ANSI-INCITS 378 fingerprint biometric standard
Santa Clara, CA (June 26, 2006) SecuGen is pleased to announce the next release of its Software Developer Kit (SDK) Collection, which is used to build powerful biometric software applications that incorporate SecuGen’s increasingly popular fingerprint recognition technology.
The SecuGen SDK Collection Release 9 supports the widest range of platforms in the industry, including Java, Sun Solaris, Windows, Windows CE, Windows CE .NET, Linux (USB), DOS, Microsoft .NET, and Pocket PC 2003. SecuGen’s minutiae-based fingerprint recognition technology allows a person’s fingerprints to work like unique digital codes that are more secure and convenient than passwords and that are not easily lost, stolen or forgotten. This newest release of the SecuGen SDK Collection provides software developers with the widest choice of operating system platforms for their biometric applications.
“The demand for fingerprint biometrics is growing very rapidly. Software developers can now build powerful software applications that integrate SecuGen’s rugged and accurate fingerprint sensors across all of today’s important platforms. The improvements and new features in our SDK Collection Release 9 are, as always, a direct response to the needs and requirements of our partners,” says Dan Riley, SecuGen’s VP of Software Development.
The SDK Collection Release 9 includes seventeen SDKs and boasts a generous list of new features and updates:
- The new FDx SDK Pro for Windows now supports ANSI-INCITS 378-2004, the fingerprint template standard adopted as a mandatory biometric format for government applications such as the FIPS 201 Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Program.
- The new Auto-On feature found in the soon-to-be released Hamster Plus is used to make fingerprint scanning a truly intuitive process. Source code for using Auto-On is included in the new FDx SDK Pro for Windows.
- The new FDx SDK for Java
- The new FDx SDK for Sun Solaris
- The updated FDx SDK for Linux has broadened its capability to support Debian, Fedora Core3, Fedora Core4, and RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 & 4, in addition to RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux.
- The updated FDU SDK for Windows and SecuBSP SDK for Windows both support the soon-to-be released Hamster Plus with Auto-On feature.
Won Lee, SecuGen’s President & CEO, added,"Our consistent strategy has been to offer the broadest collection of SDKs in the industry royalty-free at a very low price. We have become very effective in enabling Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to incorporate our fingerprint technology into their applications quickly, easily, and affordably. This helps SecuGen by broadening the base of applications that are compatible with our devices, and it helps our ISV partners by making it easy for them to deliver state-of-the-art security products on all of today’s important operating system platforms."
SecuGen offers free SDK upgrades to those who have purchased the SDK Collection or an SDK Maintenance package within the past twelve months. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
SecuGen is the world's leading provider of advanced, optical fingerprint recognition technology, products, tools and platforms for physical and information security. SecuGen designs and develops its own proprietary and patented fingerprint sensors and algorithms and markets OEM components, developer kits, application software and fingerprint peripherals worldwide for a wide range of applications.
SecuGen, Auto-On, Hamster Plus, and SecuBSP are trademarks or registered trademarks of SecuGen Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other brands and names are the property of their respective owners.
© 2006 SecuGen Corporation. All rights reserved.