Home > Company
> Press Releases
SecuGen releases low-cost, high quality, embedded fingerprint sensors that support up to 4,400 users
Santa Clara, CA (November 13, 2006) SecuGen announces the availability of two new high capacity versions of firmware for the FDA02DL, a new low-cost fingerprint recognition sensor designed for physical access control systems.
Version 1.x firmware can hold up to 4,400 users (8,800 templates) while version 2.x firmware can hold up to 1,000 users (2,000 templates) and can perform a one-to-many (1:N) match on all 1,000 users in about two seconds. The FDA02DL is also available in its original version that holds 100 users and features a unique Dynamic Adaptive Enrollment method that stores up to eight templates per user to achieve a very low rate of false rejection. The FDA02DL comes standard with an Auto-On sensor that detects the presence of finger placement.
The FDA02DL is a complete fingerprint recognition system that can be integrated into nearly any kind of physical access control unit where advanced, high quality, proven fingerprint biometrics is required. The FDA02DL consists of an Auto-On version of SecuGen’s highly durable optic module with hardened, vandal-proof sensor platen. It contains a new compact-sized board with a preprogrammed CPU that carries out template generation and matching functions and a high-capacity SRAM that can store up to 8,800 fingerprint templates.
“The FDA02DL is now a highly versatile system with three firmware alternatives that will support nearly any physical access need,” says SecuGen President and CEO, Won Lee. “It delivers versatility and broad applicability all at an affordable price. The low price point of the FDA02DL makes this product an easy choice for a very wide range of applications from access control systems to door locks.”
Features and benefits of the expanded FDA02DL product line include:
- Four firmware “personalities”
- Firmware version 1.x supplies storage for up to 4,400 users on the same unit (4400% more than original for 1:1 matching)
- Firmware version 2.x provides 1000% larger capacity and a very fast 1:N matching capability
- Firmware version ANSI378 supports the fingerprint template standard ANSI-INCITS 378-2004 that is required in many biometrics solutions for US government initiatives, including the FIPS 201 PIV Card, Registered Traveler, and Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) programs
- The original firmware version holds 100 users and provides Dynamic Adaptive Enrollment
- Lower-cost and compact board design, making it ideal for large volume, industrial-grade applications as well as consumer products such as fingerprint door locks and safes
- Auto-On automatically detects finger, speeds up and simplifies identification process, and reduces chances for operator error
- Acceptance of a wide range of fingerprints, including small sized, wet, dry, aged and scarred
- The industry’s most impact-resistant, scratch-resistant, durable, rugged sensor that works well indoors and outdoors, even under heavy use
Also available are FDA02DL developer kits that provide software and hardware tools to help manufacturers quickly integrate the sensor into their own products. For more information about the FDA02DL, developer kits or other OEM components, please visit our website at www.secugen.com/products/sensor.htm, contact us at email@example.com, or call SecuGen Sales at (408) 727-7717.
SecuGen is the world's leading provider of advanced, optical fingerprint recognition technology, products, tools and platforms for physical and information security. SecuGen designs and develops proprietary and patented fingerprint sensors and algorithms and markets OEM components, developer kits, application software and fingerprint peripherals worldwide for a wide range of applications.
SecuGen, FDA02, and FDA02DL are trademarks or registered trademarks of SecuGen Corporation in the United States and other countries.
© 2006 SecuGen Corporation. All rights reserved.