The ID-USB SC/PIV is a combination fingerprint reader and smart card reader housed in a ready-to-use USB device suitable for FIPS 201-compliant / PIV / dual-factor authentication applications. The ID-USB SC/PIV incorporates SecuGen’s ruggedized, high image quality SDU04P™ fingerprint optic module together with a PC/SC smart card reader.
- FBI Certified (PIV, FIPS 201, Mobile ID FAP 10 Compliant) fingerprint reader meets FBI Image Quality standardsThe fingerprint reader was certified by the FBI as tested and in compliance with the FBI’s Next Generation Identification (NGI) Image Quality Specifications (IQS). The review of the test data was conducted by the FBI / Criminal Justice Information Services Division / Global Operations Section, as part of the Biometric Center of Excellence.
- Rugged, high-performance, maintenance-free optical sensor resistant to scratches, impact, vibration and electrostatic shock
- Fast recognition and high quality imaging of difficult fingerprints (dry, wet, scarred) in challenging environments
- Fast and accurate verification
- Readily accessible for any finger
- Auto-On™ – automatic finger detection technology (when used with apps built with SecuGen SDKs)
- Smart Capture™ – self-adjusting scanning technology (when used with apps built with SecuGen SDKs)
- Device Recognition™ – device authentication technology (when used with apps built with SecuGen SDKs)
- Fingerprint template encryption (when using SecuGen Proprietary template format)
- Latent print rejection (does not accept prior fingerprints left behind on sensor)
- Integrated finger guide
- 100% compatible with Hamster IV fingerprint reader (HSDU04P)
- PC/SC Compliant USB Smart Card Reader, 100% compatible with HID Omnikey 3121
- USB bus-powered, no additional power supply required
- Plug ‘n Play, hot-swappable
- Surface mountable case with integrated screw mounts
- One year limited warranty
Software Developer Kits
Integration of the SecuGen ID-USB SC/PIV into any application can be facilitated by a number of SDKs:
- For fingerprint reader functions: SecuGen SDKs available here
- For smart card reader functions: Omnikey 3121 Drivers and Downloads available here
Benefits of Using SecuGen Fingerprint Readers
Backed by the industry’s best warranty, years of field use and proven reliability under extreme conditions, SecuGen fingerprint readers provide consistent performance and security for a growing number of applications in physical and information security, point-of-sale, time & attendance, and access control systems.
When used for biometric authentication as part of an overall security program, SecuGen fingerprint readers can help reduce the hassles of password overload, decrease the risks of security breaches, improve accountability and add true non-repudiation, all while making it more convenient and intuitive for almost any user.
Look to SecuGen for advanced, fingerprint biometric technologies that let your fingerprints act like digital passwords that cannot be lost, forgotten or stolen.
|Fingerprint Sensor||SecuGen SDU04P™|
|Card Reader Standard||ISO 7816 & EMV2 2000 Level 1 compliant|
|Card Size and Type||ID-1 (full size)
5V, 3V and 1.8V Smart Cards
ISO 7816 Class A, AB and C
|Dimensions||5.5″ x 3.5″ x 2.6H” (140 x 88 x 67 mm)|
|Interface||USB 1.1 Full-Speed, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7
Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2
|Certifications||FCC, CE, KCC, RoHS, FBI PIV|