How to Login to Windows with your SecuGen Reader
The Windows Biometric Framework (WBF) provides users with built-in support for biometrics that allow you to quickly and easily login to Windows with your SecuGen Reader. If you are running Windows 8.1, you can also use WBF to securely purchase Windows Store apps and access them using your fingerprint.
WBF is supported on Windows 7 and later operating systems. WBF provides a way to register, delete, and manage all your fingerprints associated with your Windows account, so that you remain in control of your fingerprints at all times.
Supported SecuGen fingerprint readers and sensors
- Hamster Pro 20, Hamster Pro, Hamster Pro Duo CL
- Hamster IV, Hamster Plus
- iD-USB SC, iD-USB SC / PIV
- Keyboard Plus, OptiMouse Plus
- Sensors: FDU03FR / FRS, SDU03M / P, FDU04 / SDU04P, U20, UPx
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 Release 2
Get these instructions in PDF (1.1MB)
Step 1. Install driver
- When you plug in your fingerprint reader to your PC for the first time, the SecuGen WBF Driver should install automatically if your PC is connected to the Internet. It may take up to a few minutes to complete.
- If for any reason this does not happen, you can download it from this page and install it manually.
- If you have previously installed other (non-WBF) SecuGen device drivers, you must uninstall those before installing the WBF driver.
- To uninstall, open the Control Panel and then open the Device Manager. Under Biometric Devices, right-click on the SecuGen device and then click Uninstall, with the option Delete the driver software for this device selected.
- After the driver has been uninstalled, unplug the fingerprint reader and plug it into the PC again. The SecuGen WBF Driver download and installation should start automatically.
For Step 2, please select the Windows version you are using.
Windows 8 or 7
Windows Server 2012 or 2008 R2